|home composters rolypig composter How it Works|
The Rolypig Composter : How it Works
Feed Me, Roll Me, and Straighten my Snout
Kitchen waste and garden waste (ideally shredded) is loaded into the Rolypig`s mouth and drops into the first compartment.
Then, say a week later when the kitchen waste bucket is full again, feed the Rolypig again but this time, to make room, roll the Rolypig in the direction of the arrows on the body. Roll it ONE flat along and the material first added,say a week ago, is moved away from the mouth input shute giving room for the next bucketful of waste.
It is only necessary to move the Rolypig to make room for the new waste to be added (move a maximum of two flat surfaces).
Here's what it looks like ::
1. Feed the Rolypig with kitchen waste, Just lift his snout.
2. Roll the Rolypig over onto another of his 10 sides in the direction of the arrows.(NB It may be necessary to roll beyond this point to displace the material within)
3. Pull the Rolypig's head to the upright position.
4. Leave until feeding time or when he needs to be moved.
5. Remove the collection container when in the upright position.
6. Empty the contents when required.
Roll and straighten the head ::
Other points to note ::