The Best Mower for your Needs ::
Want to know specific differences between push mower models and manufacturers ...check out our Push Mower Comparison Chart and our Brill/ NaturCut Comparison Chart. Already sold on a reel mower, you probably want to read our guide to transitioning your lawn. And remember, we have a 30 day trial period!
NaturCut Reel Mowers FAQ's::
Q. What types of grass will the NaturCut Classic reel mower mow?
A. The Classic cuts all grasses except Bermuda and Zoysia.
Q. For what size lawn do you recommend the Classic Push Reel Mower?
A. Because of the bigger size and slightly heavier weight, the Classic will work well on lawns of up to 10,000 sq.'
Q. How often will my blades need sharpening; will they need it each season?
A. No. Because of the minimal contact cutting system and the flame-hardened, precision ground blades, the NaturCut Classic blades will stay sharp for 8-10 years. When they do need sharpening, take it to your local sharpening shop.
"Spring sprang for us in the Great Northwest this weekend. My lawn and I were both pleased to have the new Easun NaturCut mower. Had to raise the deck for the first pass of the season, but am eager to drop it down over the next couple of mowings. Having used an old Great States mower for several years now I am very pleased with many aspects of the new NaturCut: light weight is nice, fine cutting, ease of adjustment & assembly, reel engaged by both wheels!, bearing mounted reel spins easily, and last but not least it is so quiet I almost forgot to mention it. I look forward to many years of enjoyable mowing. Thanks for selling such a good product."
Additionally, I wanted to thank you personally for the obvious effort you put into your business. It is not every day that the owner of a business replies to requests for UPS tracking numbers. From one small business owner to another it is great to know there are others out there rolling up their sleeves and getting things done. Jim Parks
I have used a variety of push reel mowers over the past two decades and can easily say that the NaturCut Classic HD is the best overall machine for cutting many lawn types under imperfect conditions .... .... so I took my Naturcut Classic HD mower up to the bog in Muskoka, put it through the 'torture test' and it out-performed other brands for durability and ease of use. Gregg T.
read more reel mower owners letters to ppm>
The NaturCut Classic HD Reel Lawn Mower has the following improvements.
- higher cutting range 1.5" to 3.5", best mower for cutting high grasses
- large 10" wheels adds tourque to the blades and makes the mower more powerful
- 5 flame hardened steel blades
- rear wheels which makes cutting higher easier
Suitable for most North American Grass Types:
- NaturCut Classic HD mowers are a great choice for a higher cut including Fescue, Bluegrass, Ryegrass, and others. (not recommended for Bermuda and Zoysia)
- easy to push through taller grass because of the rear wheels
Big Savings: NaturCut Blades will save you money!
- minimal contact cutting system so the reel blades stay sharp for up to 8 years. read why sharper blades mean healthier grass
- older generation reel mowers require frequent blade sharpening.
- when you calculate how much money is saved by saving on the sharpening of the blades, the NaturCut mower costs less than an inexpensive mower.
- Things That Are Good To Know:
- Depending on the variety of grass and thickness of your lawn, your mower may cut perfectly right out of the box. You can fine tune the cut to your lawn by spending less than 10 minutes adjusting the blade gap to enjoy a truly great cut and easy to push mower.
Our simple adjustment method is to turn the blade adjusting bolts clockwise until the bed knife blade just evenly touches the rotating blades. It is entirely possible that 1, 2 or even 3 blades might touch and the others might not- don't worry about that. (This is, after all, a lawn mower and not a medical device)
You can use your NaturCut mower with the blades in this ‘minimal-contact’ position in order to cut fine-bladed grass or lawns with dandelions. However, if the mower is hard to push, seizes up or leaves a 'scalloped' effect on the grass the gap is probably too tight for your variety of grass. You may then want to try to use the non-contact cutting adjustment.
To cut with the non-contact adjustment turn the blade bolts equally counter-clockwise, in small increments of 1/8 turn, until the bed knife blade doesn’t touch the rotating blades. Before any further adjusting try cutting your lawn. The mower will probably cut just fine. As above, if the mower is hard to push, seizes up or leaves a 'scalloped' effect on the grass the gap is probably still too tight and will require a bit more adjustment. If the mower leaves uncut grass the gap is too wide. Also, once the gap is over about 1/10 mm you will find that the mower will bind with too much grass getting stuck, uncut, in the blade gap (like too many sheets of paper in a shredder). If you get too far out of adjustment it is easiest to start over by getting the blades to evenly touch again.
The trick here is to find the 'sweet spot' in the blade gap for your particular variety of grass and circumstance. Always adjust each bolt the same as the other to keep the blades parallel and don't be a slave to the blade gap gauge that comes with your mower- that is a nominal preset only.
It takes so little time to properly adjust your mower that it is well worth the effort.
Reel Mower Specs
- 25 pounds
- Cutting Height from 1.5" to 3.5", easily adjustable to 6 positions
- Cutting Width: 16 inches/40 cm
- Rigid full-width handle with molded plastic grip
- 10" wheel diameter
- Not self-propelled
- Optional Grass Catcher folds flat for storage
- Blades stay sharp 8-10 years versus one to two years for other brands.
- 5 Blades, Flame hardened, welded steel (some reel lawnmowers have softer tempered alloy, riveted blades)
- Minimal Contact Cutting Design (The reel blade is designed to usually miss the bedknife by .05 millimeter)
See why Reel Blades are better for grass health.
Assembly + Other Details
- Warranty : 2 year offered by PPM.
- Replacement parts : no problem, PPM carries everything you could ever need.
Info about Reel Mowers ::
Info to Help You Make the Switch to a Reel Mower ::
- NaturCut Reel Mowers come with a 2 year warranty.